Buying a home is one of the most important investments of your life. It’s also one of the most complex transactions you may ever undertake. Your first step involves deciding how you will approach your home search. Who will you work with throughout this process?
As a buyer, it’s important that you find some one you feel completely comfortable with who you can trust, and who listens to you and respects your views. They need to have the market knowledge and expertise, but at the end of the day, it’s your home and your investment, so you must be able to work well with them.
Like so many professions, reputation and word-of-mouth are crucial. As you begin your search for a REALTOR® talk to family, friends, and colleagues who have gone trough the home buying process to see if they can recommend anyone. Look for someone who is experienced in your market, but not so busy that they can’t give you due attention. You want to be served, not sold.
What a REALTOR® Does For You?
There are many good reasons to work with a qualified real estate professional. You can expect your Re/Max Representative to:
- Provide you with the highest standard of care and extreme loyalty to you as the client.
- Understand your specific needs and wants, and locate appropriate properties.
- Assist you in determining how much you can afford.
- Help you get pre-approved for your mortgage.
- Preview and/or accompany you in viewing properties.
- Research properties to identify any problems or issues you should consider.
- Advise you in formulating your offer.
- Help you develop your negotiation strategy.
- Provide a list of qualified team members (such as lawyers, inspectors, lenders, etc.) for other related services that may be needed.
- Keep track of all the details throughout the entire transaction – to closing and beyond.
Choosing the correct agent will make your home buying experience go as smoothly and successfully as possible.